It wasn't until recently that I became familiar with the phrase "wearing many hats". The idea that a person wearing many hats has a lot of different responsibilities and with each "change of hat" almost becomes a different person. In the time since I got married (yesterday marks 2 months), I have become overwhelmingly aware of the many "hats" that I wear. It seems I've had more time to reflect on the responsibilities and emotions in my life since the wedding, probably because I have been able to get in a routine, and (apart from the daily hustle), things have slowed down quite a bit. That's not to say that the last couple months haven't been without their hiccups. On February 1st, my father passed away after "a short but courageous battle with ocular melanoma" (this is a quote from his obituary). Less than 2 weeks later, Clint & I had to travel to Lawrence, NE for his Grandpa Kucera's funeral. A lot of people have said they feel sorry for us, having to deal with these things so early in our marriage, and although (of course) I wish things were different, I believe these experiences have helped us grow closer, and are not a "burden" on our married life.
Nonetheless, things have changed tremendously in my life over the last 2 months, and as I'm exploring my own feelings (and "hats"), this is a place for me to share what I discover. I do not feel my life is particularly exciting but I know that I have a purpose and that it is meaningful to those who love me. This is a place for me to write about how I'm feeling, so that in the following weeks, and months, and even years, I can reflect on how my life has changed. It is also a place for those who are asking "how are you?" and "how's married life?" (asked ad nauseum lately) to get their answers.
I subscribe to several blogs, and take time religiously each day to read through them all. Their topics include home design, decorating, crafting, fashion, gardening, cooking, party planning, photography, weddings, babies, adoption, and motherhood. My guess is that my blog will encompass all of these things, and probably more. At this point, I claim no expertise for topics mentioned here. Instead, I embrace the unique mix of all interests and emotions that meet up in this blog... because they're what matters to me.
<3
ReplyDelete